Yoga Body Shop was the first yoga studio to fill the void of hot yoga in our communities—Binghamton, Johnson City, Vestal and the surrounding areas— over 13 years ago. To some, joining the most established yoga community in the area can be intimidating. However, we encourage you to consider that joining Yoga Body Shop allows you to join a community engaged in the path that has proven, yogi after yogi, “anything is possible”!
If research helps you feel more prepared to engage in something new, we recommend the review of previous blogs at yogabodyshop.com. You will learn tips for finding balance if yoga and life. You can also learn more about expressing gratitude both on and off the yoga mat. We even share how meditation can be used to help reduce anxiety.
If the experience of others is more impactful for boosting your confidence, we encourage you to read the following experiences shared directly from those who have already begun their journey at Yoga Body Shop.
- “My experience here has been nothing but awesome! The first time I went I was a little nervous to try hot yoga, but my friendly instructor and the easy-going staff members quickly put my mind at ease. As I have been going more and more, I feel more confident about my abilities and have even began doing some yoga on my horse! Going here has become one of the highlights of my week.”—Danielle Stanke, Maine, NY
- “I love Yoga Body Shop. I have had back issues in the past and I was afraid of exercise. I heard yoga was great for your back, so I decided to try it. I was very nervous the first time going but I was pleasantly surprised after class and I have been going each week ever since. thank you, Yoga Body Shop”—Evie Jelly, Owego, NY
- “I love hot yoga at YBS! Great instructors, great location, great smoothies! Yoga Jam is my favorite class!”—Teri Ruhl, Vestal, NY
- “I’ve never done hot yoga before and I loved it! I would recommend it to anyone! Very relaxing and empowering environment. Everyone at the studio was very welcoming and I felt very included!” —Hannah Wagner, Binghamton University
- “YBS is fantastic. They offer yoga to the community in safe and comfortable facilities. I’ve taken several of their classes and have always enjoyed myself… By far my favorite class is the Candlelit Yin class. No matter what kind of day I’ve had, Yin makes me feel so relaxed and loose. It helps me to wind down at the end of long days, while also offering relief from tight muscles and joints. I highly recommend Yoga Body Shop to anyone in the area looking to try yoga in a safe and judgement-free space.”—Caitie Eberz, Binghamton, NY
- “I experienced yoga for the first time, and it was the beginner hot yoga class with Ron – assisted by Anne and Jay. I’m no spring chicken having recently retired and had a full knee replacement less than two years ago. I needed an activity to keep me flexible and core strong. This was just the thing. While I was VERY concerned about fitting in and embarrassing myself in front of total strangers, Ron, Anne, and Jay made me feel very comfortable. The rest of the class even took me under their wings. I was touched by the closeness of this new community. While I was not able to successfully complete all the poses, I was proud that I was able to stick it out for the entire class. I was truly drained physically, but I felt a reset button had been pushed within. I will be back. I will pace myself better and my anxiety will be zero. Thank you, classmates and instructors- bravo!”—Jeffrey McKinney, Binghamton, NY
- “I took my first class on January 15, 2018… Love it! Every teacher and staff member is extremely knowledgeable and very helpful. Namaste.” –Keyna Hust, Vestal, NY
B.K.S. Iyengar, is quoted in saying, “Yoga is the golden key that unlocks the door to peace, tranquility and joy.” At Yoga Body Shop, our instructors strive daily to ensure we are creating a physical space, and allowing for the mental space needed, to ensure all things are possible in each of our classes. We want to help you expand your practice and explore your potential—no matter your experience. Join us at the Johnson City studio, to start your Baptiste journey at hot yoga class this week.