Start your day off right by practicing yoga in the early morning, or “early bird yoga.” Due to the unique combination of yoga practice and the timing of the class, students find that they can more successfully navigate the day: treating themselves better, making healthier food choices and exhibiting a greater kindness to others. If you have always wanted to try early morning yoga, but were unsure of the payoff, keep reading and learn more of the benefits.
- Give Yourself a Fresh Start: Morning yoga sets a positive tone for the day. It allows you to start your day with a sense of accomplishment and a clear, focused mind, promoting a positive mindset throughout the day. This enhanced focus and concentration allows you to be more prepared to face the day’s task and challenges, ultimately allowing you greater productivity.
- Create a Consistent Routine: Morning yoga allows you to complete your workout before the day’s responsibilities pile up, making it more likely that you’ll stick to your practice consistently. Regularity in your yoga practice can lead to more significant and lasting benefits over time.
- Enjoy a Peaceful Environment: Early mornings are typically quieter. This creates a serene environment conducive to concentration and meditation. For those that find themselves distracted easily, this can enhance the overall yoga experience.
- Stretch for Success: Morning yoga helps to relieve any stiffness or tension accumulated during sleep. Your body is naturally more flexible in the morning, allowing for deeper stretches and a better range of motion during your yoga practice.
- Kick Start Your Metabolism: Practicing morning yoga will warm up your digestive system and help nutrients move more easily through the body throughout the day. This results in your body metabolizing food more quickly and efficiently, especially if you practice yoga before having breakfast.
- Experience Better Sleep: Regular morning yoga can regulate your sleep-wake cycle, potentially improving the quality of your sleep. A well-rested body and mind are essential for overall physical and mental health and well-being.
Remember that the benefits of early bird yoga can vary from person to person. It’s essential to find a routine that works best for your body and schedule to maximize the positive effects of your yoga practice.
If you are ready to gift yourself a morning reset, we offer Early Bird Hot Yoga every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday with Deb Zacharias. As a teacher, Deb is delighted to see the spark in other yogis and to celebrate their breakthroughs. She knows from experience the smallest moments are often game changers in life.
Visit the Yoga Body Shop class schedule to book your spot in early bird yoga or the dozens of other classes available throughout the week. As the area’s original Hot Yoga studio, Yoga Body Shop offers a variety of classes, for every level of practice and for every schedule.