Yoga Teacher Training - 200 Hour
"Discover Your Power"
Personal Power Development Program and Yoga Teacher Training
Discover Your True Self — Your True Power Empower Yourself & Inspire Others Around You
Dates to Be Announced
Personal Power, Transformation & Leadership
Are you ready for a life enhancing transformation? Are you ready to view yourself and the world around you with fresh eyes and a renewed sense of self? Are you ready to tap into your own personal power so that you can face any situation with confidence? Are you ready to really make a difference in the lives of the people around you?
Have you ever considered teaching?
Our 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training Program is designed for you to discover your true self and your true power. Through our innovative practices, you will discover how to tap into the power within you which will allow you to create and build a powerful life and share it with the people around you.
You will be ready to teach a yoga class with confidence and so much more. As a 200-Hour Teacher Trainee, you will learn the physical, energetic, and spiritual implications of yoga. More importantly you will learn the importance of living from your own authenticity. Through the study and practice of the ancient principles of yoga you will be inspired by your own transformation as well as by your contribution to the transformation of those around you.
This program is designed for yoga practitioners of every level, as well as those who simply wish to deepen their own understanding of yoga. The side effect of taking this program is that you will be eligible to apply for your Registered Yoga Teacher 200 (RYT 200) with Yoga Alliance. The real benefits of the Yoga Body Institute Teacher training program is that it will empower you to live a life which is full of joy and freedom and your radiance will inspire others to do the same.
You will journey deep into the principles of the 8 limbs of yoga and into yourself. You will experience union in your life and you will bring to light what your true work is as a student, teacher and leader in and/or outside of the classroom. Let the unrolling of your yoga mat each day be a symbol of the unraveling of your current beliefs about yourself. Become your true authentic self, which is the source of YOUR true power.
What can you expect?
This is a rigorous training that requires 100% commitment with an open heart and open mind. The rewards for this program will show up not only in your improved yoga practice but also in your improved sense of self which will radiate and be felt by everyone in your path.
“Yoga Body Institute Training is designed to empower you to discover your true self and find your true power within!”
In this training you will:
Application Fee: $50 (to be used toward tuition payment—no application fee refunds)
Application Deadline: July 29th, 2022
Once an application is received and reviewed, the applicant will go through an interview process either in person or on the phone. It is through the interview process that the applicant truly learns what the program entails and commits to the program and its rigorous requirements. If the applicant is accepted and agrees to the commitments of training program they will be notified of acceptance.
For those wanting a payment plan option, be sure to get your application in by the deadline date of July 29th.
- Teacher Training Tuition: $3150 – $1000 due upon acceptance into the program. The remainder of $2150 due on 1st day of training — August 27, 2022
- Optional Unlimited Yoga at Yoga Body Shop from August 27—November 19 – $250 (at a discounted rate)
- Books of required readings approximately $100–$150 (buy online
Early Bird Special
$300 off Tuition if application and application fee are submitted by July 29th 2022.
Payment plans are available — Payment plans will be developed individually upon request after your phone interview and signature on the enrollment agreement. Payment plans will be structured within the following parameters: $1000 due upon acceptance with the remainder broken into equal monthly payments (at the 1st of each month) so that total payment is complete by November 1st, 2022.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- $50 Application Fee is non-refundable. Yoga Body Institute (YBI) will refund all monies paid if the applicant is not accepted (with the exception of the application fee).
- YBI will refund all monies (except $50 application fee) as long as the applicant has not begun training.
- When calculating refunds, the official date of a student’s termination is the last day of recorded attendance:
- When the school receives notice of the student’s intention to discontinue the training program; or,
- When the student is terminated for a violation of a YBI policy which provides for termination; or,
- When a student, without notice, fails to attend classes for two scheduled weekends.
- All refunds must be paid within thirty calendar days of the student’s official termination date.
|0 – 25
|26 – 50
|51 – 100
Saturdays: 8 a.m. – 9 p.m. (with breaks included)
Sundays: 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. (with breaks included)
Dates To Be Announced
Below is a general overview of the hours that will be spent on various elements of the program:
|Techniques, Training and Practice
|Includes asana, pranayama, mantra, meditation, traditional yoga techniques
|Demonstration, observation, assisting, instruction, teaching styles, qualities of a teacher, business aspects of teaching yoga.
|Anatomy & Physiology
|Physical anatomy, bodily systems, organs, energy (chakras), applying principles to yoga practice (benefits)
|Yoga Philosophy / Life Style and Ethics
|Study of yoga philosophies, yoga lifestyle and ethics for yoga teachers
|Practice teaching, receiving feedback, observing, assisting students
Formal completion of the program and the right to apply to be a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT) 200 through Yoga Alliance is based on assessment of: attendance, participation, completing assignments, hands-on assisting, and teaching. Assessment rubrics will be given ahead of time so you know what to expect. Short quizzes on anatomy, asana and some key features of philosophy will be given to help you prepare for the final exam. You must pass the teaching practicum and final exam.
Registered Yoga Teacher 200 through Yoga Alliance is based on a required total of 200 contact hours in various aspects and teachings of yoga which is broken into different required categories (see program and topic categories chart above). All scheduled training days are required to account for your hours. We understand that emergencies arise, or you may need to miss a day for a specific reason. In order to make up missed hours, please contact Ron or Linda Sambursky directly to make arrangements. More details will be given during the 1st day.
- Iyengar, B.K.S. (2006). Light On Life, USA, Rodale, Inc
- Long, Raymond MD, MFCSC (2009). Scientific Keys Volume 1: The Key Muscles of Yoga, USA: Bandha Yoga Publications.
- Long, Raymond MD, MFCSC (2009). Scientific Keys Volume 2: The Key Poses of Yoga, USA: Bandha Yoga Publications.
- Desikachar, T.K.V. (1995). The Heart of Yoga: Developing a Personal Practice, Rochester, VT: Inner Traditions International.
- Heartranft, Chip (2003). The Yoga-Sutras of Patanjali, Boston, MA: Shambala.
- Broad, William J. (2012). The Science of Yoga, New York, NY: Simon & Schuster.
If you have questions about our yoga teacher training programs,
call us we'd love to share more with you.
"You have to create love and affection for your body, for what it can do for you."
At Yoga Body Shop it is our mission to create a community of empowered students, teachers and leaders. Through the practice of yoga and yogic principles, we can together be a cause for change not only in ourselves and the community.
Our teachers and staff are committed to the growth of every student, helping them achieve levels of performance beyond what they ever thought possible.
At Yoga Body Shop, we recognize the physical and spiritual benefits of yoga, fostering an atmosphere for transformative growth to thrive. We realize this power is possible for all and we are committed to empowering every student to explore and unlock their fullest potential.