Yoga Teacher Training - 300 Hour
Continue To Commit To Your Growth! Become a 500 Hour Certified Yoga Instructor!
300 HOUR POWER VINYASA YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
COMING IN 2021!
Original and locally created, Yoga Body Institute unveils and is proud to announce its very own 300 hour Power Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training due to begin in 2021 (Stay Tuned)!
Like our 200 hour Teacher Training, this 300 hour training is locally created, inspired and rooted in the Baptiste Methodology. Ron and Linda Sambursky, Owners of Yoga Body Shop since 2007, have been under the tutelage of Baron Baptiste where they continue to train, most recently over the past two years, in the FIT to Lead Baptiste Program. Along with 17 other FIT to Lead Participants, Linda and Ron train directly with Baron to go deeper into the Baptiste Methodology and to become powerful leaders and change agents within the local community and across the planet.
Join Yoga Body Institute for this 300 hour Power Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training! Formerly known as 500 hour Yoga Alliance Teacher Training—the 300 hour Power Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training combined with a 200 hour Yoga Alliance certification will result in a Yoga Alliance 500 Hour certification.
Now that you have your 200 Hour Yoga Alliance training under your mat, and you are teaching students in classes, it is time to continue your journey into growth. There is nothing more important in life than growth! Take your teaching to the next level, hone your skills as a masterful teacher, and feel more powerful as a leader and human being.
If not now, when? If you are already certified (in any tradition) at the 200-hour level, with teaching experience, then you are eligible for this transformative program. You will learn to listen, observe, and give tools in a way that makes a difference with your students in an authentic and powerful way. This program is designed to take you out of your comfort zone and challenge you and give you access to unrealized potential. The rigorous nature of this Advanced Teacher Training produces results immediately and creates space for unlimited possibilities on your mat, in your teaching, and in your life.
After completing this rigorous and life changing 300-hour program, participants will be certified at the 500-hour teacher level as a Yoga Body Institute Power Vinyasa Yoga Teacher. This training will take place on weekends over 12 months. The 500-Hour Advanced Power Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Certification Training consists of 300 hours of Yoga Alliance-approved content that, when combined with your 200-hour training delivers a comprehensive and advanced 500-hour certification in Power Vinyasa Yoga.
Application Fee: $50 (to be used toward tuition payment-no application fee refunds)
Application Deadlines: Friday, September 11, 2020
Once an application is received and reviewed, the applicant will go through an interview process either in person or on the phone. It is through the interview process that the applicant truly learns what the program entails and commits to the program and its rigorous requirements. If the applicant is accepted and agrees to the commitments of training program they will be notified of acceptance.
For those wanting a payment plan option, be sure to get your application in by the deadline date of Friday, September 11, 2020.
- Teacher Training Tuition: $3900 – $1000 due upon acceptance into the program and due no later than Friday, September 11, 2020. The remainder of $2900 due on 1st day of training.
- Books of required readings approximately $100-$150 (buy online)
Early Bird Special
Payment Plans Payment plans are available — Payment plans will be developed individually upon request after your phone interview and signature on the enrollment agreement. Payment plans will be structured within the following parameters: $1000 due upon acceptance with the remainder broken into equal monthly payments (at the 1st of each month) so that total payment is complete by Friday, November 5, 2021.Cancellation and Refund Policy
- $50 Application Fee is non-refundable. Yoga Body Institute (YBI) will refund all monies paid if the applicant is not accepted (with the exception of the application fee).
- YBI will refund all monies (except $50 application fee) as long as the applicant has not begun training.
- When calculating refunds, the official date of a student’s termination is the last day of recorded attendance:
- When the school receives notice of the student’s intention to discontinue the training program; or,
- When the student is terminated for a violation of a YBI policy which provides for termination; or,
- When a student, without notice, fails to attend classes for two scheduled weekends.
- All refunds must be paid within thirty calendar days of the student’s official termination date.
|Hours Completed||Refund Amount|
|0 – 25||75%|
|26 – 50||50%|
|51 – 100||25%|
Weekend Training Dates:
Main Program Runs October 11, 2019 through October 11, 2020
Friday October 11 – 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Saturdays: 8 a.m. – 9 p.m. (with breaks included)
Sundays: 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. (with breaks included)
|300 Hour YOGA TEACHER TRAINING|
|Fall 2020–2021 Dates|
|October 10–11, 2020|
|November 7–8, 2020|
|December 5–6, 2020|
|January 16–17, 2021|
|February 6–7, 2021|
|March 13–14, 2021|
|April 24–25, 2021|
|May 22–23, 2021|
|June 5–6, 2021|
|September 25–26, 2021|
|October 23–24, 2021|
|November 6–7, 2021|
|December 4–5, 2021|
Below is a general overview of the hours that will be spent on various elements of the program:
|Techniques, Training and Practice||73|
|Anatomy & Physiology||50|
|Yoga Philosophy / Life Style and Ethics||85|
What can you expect?
This program is 12 months in duration and consists of 12 two-day long weekends along with various homework assignments between meetings.
“Yoga Body Institute Training is designed to empower you to discover your true self and find your true power within!”
As a student in this program you will explore the foundational tools and techniques such as:
Formal completion of the program and the right to apply to be a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT) 200 through Yoga Alliance is based on assessment of: attendance, participation, completing assignments, hands-on assisting, and teaching. Assessment rubrics will be given ahead of time so you know what to expect. Short quizzes on anatomy, asana and some key features of philosophy will be given to help you prepare for the final exam. You must pass the teaching practicum and final exam.
Registered Yoga Teacher 200 through Yoga Alliance is based on a required total of 200 contact hours in various aspects and teachings of yoga which is broken into different required categories (see program and topic categories chart above). All scheduled training days are required to account for your hours. We understand that emergencies arise, or you may need to miss a day for a specific reason. In order to make up missed hours, please contact Ron or Linda Sambursky directly to make arrangements. More details will be given during the 1st day.
- Baptiste, Baron. (2003). Journey Into Power, New York, NY: Fireside.
- Baptiste, Baron. (2004). 40 Days To Personal Revolution, New York, NY: Fireside.
- Iyengar, B.K.S. (2006). Light On Life, USA, Rodale, Inc
- Long, Raymond MD, MFCSC (2009). Scientific Keys Volume 1: The Key Muscles of Yoga, USA: Bandha Yoga Publications.
- Long, Raymond MD, MFCSC (2009). Scientific Keys Volume 2: The Key Poses of Yoga, USA: Bandha Yoga Publications.
- Desikachar, T.K.V. (1995). The Heart of Yoga: Developing a Personal Practice, Rochester, VT: Inner Traditions International.
- Heartranft, Chip (2003). The Yoga-Sutras of Patanjali, Boston, MA: Shambala.
- Broad, William J. (2012). The Science of Yoga, New York, NY: Simon & Schuster.
- Baptiste, Baron (2013). Being of Power: The 9 Practices to Ignite an Empowered Life, United States, Hay House.
Yoga Body Shop Amenities
Yoga Body Shop teacher training will be located at 765 Harry L. Drive in Johnson City, NY. The 4900 sq. ft. facility complete with men’s and women’s locker rooms, showers, juice bar and lounge area with plenty of parking. YBS offers over 40 classes per week. Enjoy YBS Juice Lounge which offers fresh cold pressed organic juices and fresh smoothies daily. YBS has open wifi and also carries hot yoga accessories and apparel.
If you have questions about our yoga teacher training programs,
call us we'd love to hear from you.
Our teachers and staff are committed to the growth of every student, helping them achieve levels of performance beyond what they ever thought possible.
At Yoga Body Shop, we recognize the benefits of Baptiste Power Vinyasa Yoga and how its methodology transcends the yoga mat and integrates into people’s daily lives causing true personal transformation. We realize this power is possible for all and we are committed to empowering every student to explore and unlock their fullest potential.